We are committed to protecting your privacy. For Butternut, the protection of not only personal but also all data that flows through our platform is our top priority. As a part of this effort, we process personal data in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and in accordance with the data protection regulations applicable to Butternut.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you provide to us directly
- Registration information: In order to register for a basic account, you must provide your email address, your name and a password.
- Authentication tokens: To integrate with a third-party service, Butternut needs your authorization to communicate with the service's API. A majority of third-party services employ OAuth protocol for this purpose, which enables Butternut to communicate with third-party services on your behalf without storing your credentials. The only sensitive information stored is OAuth access and refresh tokens.
- API keys and login credentials: Third-party services that do not employ the modern OAuth protocol use either API keys or login credentials to authenticate/authorize the communication with the service's API. In this case, we securely save the API key/login credentials and will not use this personal information for any purposes other than those for which you have provided it. If you remove the connection you have provided the information for, we will automatically delete all the personal information associated with it.
- Information we get from your use of our services
- Scenario execution data: Butternut stores logs about the execution of your scenarios so that you have the option to view details about a specific scenario run or to find out what data was transferred from where to where.
- Usage information: When you visit our website or use our service, we automatically record information from your web browser which helps us improve the utility value of our site and manage the provision of our services. This may include your IP address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, or history of access to our website.
We are committed to doing our very best to protect your data and keep it confidential. We employ advanced security practices to keep your data safe and secure:
- The connection between Butternut and your browser is always encrypted (HTTPS).
- Every connection between Butternut and a third-party service is established in the most secure way that is supported by the given service.
- We use AES to save your credentials securely.
- All passwords that you provide us with are stored in an encrypted format.
- For your protection, we do not support outdated browsers. The latest browsers are more secure, and they ensure the highest security standards.
- Our servers are housed in one of the most modern data centers in Europe, equipped with the latest security technologies.
Butternut collects this personal data for the following purposes:
- Possibility to reset a password in case of forgetting it
- Informing users about executions of active scenarios
- Informing users and potential users about new features of Butternut
In the Contact section or directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you have the option to ask for your profile to be deleted or changed. In the event that it is our duty to keep a record of some of your personal information, for example for accounting purposes, this information is retained. We will irrevocably remove all other information within 30 days of your request.